There are a plethora of wonderful papers out there, and I kind of have a thing for beautiful paper. But… when printing photo props, regular white cardstock works great. It’s easily accessible and holds up well to typical party antics.
TEXT VS COVER WEIGHT PAPER
• Text weight paper is thin. It is used for everyday paper needs in copiers and printers.
• Cover weight paper, often referred to as cardstock, is thicker and sturdier – making it a better choice for printing your props.
110lb CARD STOCK
• The most common card stock you will find is 110lb.
• It might also be listed as ‘index’
• White 110lb cardstock is a great choice for printing photo props.
• White 90lb cardstock also works well.
• I don’t recommend printing on colored card stock. The images will not have as much contrast as printing on white paper, resulting in a duller prop.
• It’s not as sturdy as card stock, but I also like the print quality of printing props on matte photo paper.
• If you are printing a photo booth sign that will be placed in a frame, regular copy paper works fine.
I often use this ⬇ cardstock: